We welcome anyone who wishes to volunteer their time or skills!
We welcome people from all backgrounds* and can provide an enjoyable, supportive environment where you can feel part of the team and do something worthwhile. Whether you are finding it difficult getting into paid employment and want to gain skills and experience, or you have some spare time because you are retired, we would love to hear from you.
We provide basic training and induction, and of course other training about keeping safe and how to use the tools and equipment. For those looking for paid employment in the building trade we can provide practical experience on commercial sites and the chance to get your CSCS card.
Whilst much of the work can be physically demanding there are sometimes opportunities to do lighter work.
Types of volunteers that we have worked with:
- Those trying to gain paid employment
- Retired or semi-retired
- Those on work placements
- Those who like to work with wood and hate waste
Sort of the work that volunteers do:
- Collecting timber from building sites and business premises
- Grading, sorting, preparing timber for sale
- General work around the wood yard
- Helping to prepare wood and make some basic products from it
- Sales work in the shop and general administration.
- Reasonable travel expenses
- Free lunch if you do a full day
- All the PPE (boots, hi-vis etc) that you will need
- Unlimited Tea!
If you’re interested, or have any further questions then do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org give us a call on 02381 781 720 or call in to the yard.
If you would like to apply, please fill in the application form found here
*Please note that we are unable to work with Children and Vulnerable Adults. More details can be found in our Children and Vulnerable Adult policy here.